Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Updates: How's it going so far?

I'm surprised at how much I've been able to accomplish in just a few short days. I love the fact that this list has given me so many goals to accomplish - I feel such a purpose when I do things now. I'm always thinking of my list and what I can do next! So what have I done so far? Here's the lowdown:
  • This morning I submitted a piece of writing to a contest (#6) here at Duke. The prize in the essay contest is a 10-week lifestyle and fitness makeover with consultations from trainers and nutritionists, and some fitness-related gear and prizes. Cross your fingers for me!
  • Friday night my husband and I had the first of our monthly dates (#65). We dressed ourselves up and headed to Chapel Hill to re-create our first date: dinner at 411 West, followed by drinks and conversation at the West End Wine Bar. Even though we were home by 11:00 to cuddle up with the little guy, we had a great night out. Look - we even took a picture (#33)!
  • At the restaurant, I did a good job of accepting a compliment (#38), when out of nowhere a lady approached our table and told me, "Darling, you look lovely!" That's totally the best kind of compliment - completely unsolicited. Naturally, I blushed like crazy - but instead of brushing it off, I said a simple "Thank You" and told her how nice she was. See - I really am getting the hang of it!
  • I've been reading like crazy whenever I can find a spare moment so that I can get to my goal of reading 50 books before buying any more (#3). So far I'm two books in, and now I'm in the middle of The Kite Runner, which is easily the best book I've read this year, and may make my all-time top 5 list.
  • I also was given (didn't buy it!) a copy of Twilight (#71)...have to start on that one next to see what all the fuss is about.
  • I've been watching the news regularly (#58), and learned that I won't be purchasing my matching undies (#50) from Victoria's Secret!
  • Guess who's cooking Thanksgiving dinner? (#81)
  • I've also started planning ahead for a couple of my bigger challenges. My college buddy (and junior year roomie) Sam has offered to be my virtual training buddy for a race (#28). Our goal is to compete in a half or full marathon next summer - and to have fun and catch up in the process (#68). Stay tuned to see how it goes!
  • Mom and I have also been discussing our road tripping options (#69). One of the possibilities: A weekend in NYC (#48).

It definitely feels like things are starting to come together! Want to help me with one of my other challenges! Let me know!!

1 comment:

zanne said...

You are off to a great start! Glad you had a good time on your date--that is cute how you recreated your first date! And how nice to receive a compliment.

I really should make a list. I think it would help motivate me.