Thursday, November 6, 2008

Welcome to my 101!

I found out about this challenge from a message board one of my favorite websites, Goodreads. It seems a person posting on the board was challenging herself to finish 300 books during her 1001 days and was coming up on the end of her challenge with quite a bit more to read. I was intrigued...I'd love to challenge myself to read a bunch of books! And to do some other stuff! Maybe if I throw down the gauntlet to myself and put it in writing where everyone can see it (and harass me if I don't do it!) I might be able to accomplish quite a bit. So I Googled the 101 in 1001 challenge, and found this site. I'm in!

My life's been feeling hectic, crazy, and all out-of-sorts lately. I'm iffy about my job, and feel like everything's kinda messy, for lack of a better term. I rarely slow down, it seems. And while I love being a wife and mother more than anything, I feel sometimes like I've lost sight of something kind of important in all of our daily chaos -- myself. I want to find out who I am again, and to make that person better. I want to be unafraid of doing things that I've always wanted to do. I want to be in control and declutter my life and learn to be proud of myself again. So here it goes! Think I can do it? We're all about to find out...

No comments: